Thursday 21 June 2012

Reg swims in the sea!

Wednesday 20 June


This morning we return to Hoi An town for my dress fitting, in the 1st tailors, and my trousers fitting, in the 2nd tailors. We see from a notice outside the 1st shop that it has been highly  recommended on Trip Advisor.



My dress is beautifully made, fully lined, and all the seam edges have been stitched too,  However, it's slightly too tight for me around my midriff.  The rest of the dress is perfect.  The seamstress says no problem, it will be altered for me by tomorrow.  I have to say Reg is very patient and tolerant of this clothes-making/fitting/buying process, which means that, including tomorrow, he will have had to come into Hoi An town on 3 mornings running.

In the 2nd shop, my 2 pairs of purple trousers are ready for me to try, and I love everything about them - the fit, the colour, and the slightly stretchy denim-thickness material.  The cost is really reasonable; cheaper than I could buy them in England.  The trousers need to be finished off and will be ready for me to collect tomorrow morning.

Reg and I catch the shuttle bus back to our hotel and are soon on our loungers on the beach.  It's about 33Âșc and Reg says he'll come in the sea!  We both enjoy a swim in the warm, clear water, and really appreciate this opportunity to relax, read and swim in a tranquil environment.

In the evening we walk to a local restaurant and eat freshly caught fish, king prawns and I try a clam (I don't like it much - it must be an acquired taste). We decide that tomorrow evening we'll be proper tourists and go into Hoi An town for a different menu.

But first, tomorrow morning, we'll be returning to Hoi An for the 2nd dress fitting.  At least the seamstresses have given up on trying to sell Reg a suit, even though he's had an email from our daughter Elaine's friend Kirsty trying to persuade him to buy a new suit for her wedding in October!





No comments:

Post a Comment