Saturday 7 April 2012

3 days to go!  Extremely hectic day today, trying to see people I need to be in touch with before we leave. Went to see Ellen who lives in a care home.  On my return, Reg was blaspheming at the downstairs toilet door, on which he'd just put a new handle.  It was firmly shut and turning the handle wasn't coaxing it to open.  I then got paint on my best jeans, after which Reg mentioned, be careful, I've just done some touch up painting.  This DIY is so stressful for both Reg and me, just before we go away.  Reg exploded out of the front door muttering he was going to B&Q, and there was no water upstairs by the way.  (No, nothing to do with the door handles. The fixing of the dripping toilet cistern (at least it's clean water) is a separate last minute job.  What will I miss most on my travels? Family and friends? My bed? Battenburg?May have to skip that question until my return.

How will Reg survive without "The Wright Stuff" every morning?  I guess our trip will be some sort of compensation for this loss.

Thank you Sheila for turning up my purple trousers.

It's appropriate that we're going just after Easter - a time of new life and new beginnings.



No comments:

Post a Comment