Thursday 5 April 2012

Guess I really am getting older!

5 days till we go!

2 days ago I celebrated my 60th birthday - so I really am an oap traveller now!  Pulled a muscle in my leg and felt like an old crock trying to get out of the car!  Reg thinks he'll take a backpackers backpack instead of a suitcase - he might have to carry my suitcase up any stairs if my weak leg means I have to hold on to the handrail!  He's already calling me "hoppy".

So much still to do.  When Reg & I go on our annual cycling holiday, we're used to taking very little luggage.  He says "think of it as a cycling holiday".  I did remind him that our cycling holidays are usually 10 days max - this is 3 & a half months!  Whatever happens I'm limited to one suitcase and a small backpack.  Will there be room for all the new socks and pants I've splurged out on at M&S?  Probably not.  Walking boots or trainers?  Given what I've read about the state of the loos on some of the trains we'll be travelling on - guess it has to be my waterproof boots.

Defrosted the freezer yesterday.  This is worse than preparing for the birth of a baby!  Talking of which, my first great-nephew, Joseph Oliver, was born on my 60th birthday!  Yippee!! I told proud parents Sarah (my niece) and Ade that he's obviously a very clever little boy. (A) He arrived before we left on our travels and (B) he arrived on my birthday.  Can't wait to see him.

Had a kindle for my birthday and lots of money to buy some kindle books.  Haven't seen much of the kindle yet as Reg whisked it away as soon as I got it, which is what you'd expect from a computer/hi-fi/tecci geek!  Reg, I know you finished decorating the hall after ** years, but there's still a few door handles to put on.  First things first.

No comments:

Post a Comment