Tuesday 24 April 2012

My blog will resume on Saturday - hopefully!



Tuesday 24 April - Last day in Moscow

We've been out all day today, so no time to write the blog.  For the next 3 days and 3 nights we'll be on the train to Tashkent, Uzbekistan, arriving on Friday evening, 27 April, when we'll be 4 hours ahead of the UK.

I'll write about our last day in Moscow when I'm on the train, but won't be able to post the blog until Saturday (all being well).  We will have internet access in Tashkent but it could be in the form of fixed computers rather than wifi for our own computer.  We really don't know yet. 

Just to say briefly that the temperature high in Moscow today was a pleasant 21 degrees c - a precursor to   Tashkent where it'll probably be 28 - 30 degrees c.  Our fleeces will be packed away!

We've stocked up on food from the local supermarket - filled rolls, loaves of bread, butter, cooked meats, cheese, crisps, biscuits, Mars, Snickers, cup-a-soups, pot noodles, and fruit.  Anyone would think we were preparing for a siege!  However we took the advice of a fellow traveller (see yesterday's blog) not to rely on the food on the train - also it will be expensive.

Reg and I are booked first class for this journey, so we'll have a compartment to ourselves.  I think this will be my first real test of being out of my comfort zone!  Hurray for my kindle (and I might even do some studying).

No comments:

Post a Comment