Tuesday 10 April 2012

We're off TODAY!!

The last 24 hours have been hectic!  There was a lovely brief respite over tea, battenburg and computer (Angela coming over to mine to explain the wonders of the kindle I had for my birthday, and helping me download lots of books, using free ones plus my Amazon credit!) She tried to persuade Reg that its a lot easier if different categories of books are put in different folders.  I don't think he fell for it though.

I have to say a huge well done and thank you to my husband for finishing the decorating of the hall stairs and landing.  The doors all have handles now so we'll no longer be banging on the bathroom door to be let out.  Well done, Reggie!  It looks superb!  My dear sister-in-law Rose ( who helped take all the old wallpaper off), said I must want to stand in the hall several times a day and admire the beauty of pristine white paint and carpeted stairs - I confessed that I am extremely happy to no longer be catching my heels on the gripper-rods on the stairs, not to mention the numerous pairs of slippers I've ruined.  I can actually invite people round now when we return from our trip!  Hurray!  (In truth I've never stopped inviting people round.  It 's just that they stopped coming when they too caught their shoes/slippers/bare heels on the gripper- rods on the stairs).

Last night Reg was panicking as he was trying to pay for a train journey over the internet & the site didn't want to accept our visa card.  Oh dear!  Best to keep out of the computer room at the moment.  However, one the whole, preparations have now fallen into place.

I packed my wheelie suitcase, but as in the 3 bears story, it was TOO HEAVY.  So I had to have a rethink and take out the 6 bottles of shampoo, 6 bottles of  conditioner and 6 bottles of shower gel.  Well, I guess they do sell these things in other countries, don't they?

I finished packing yesterday evening, zipped up my case, and as I lifted it off the bed the handle promptly broke off.  What to do?  In these emergencies the only thing one can do is to phone one's sister Heather.  Yes, one's sister has a suitcase on wheels one can borrow.  So in a short while (it now being morning) I'll be dashing over to the other side of Bristol to pick up the case & repack!  I should be okay for time though as our train leaves Bristol Parkway at 11.00am.  It's now 5.47am.  The hairdresser is coming at 8 am (he came back from holiday especially .. well, almost.)

The phone was red hot last night with me calling people and people calling me to say good bye.  We're really really going!!  It's not just a nightmare (I mean a dream).  Only kidding, Reg, really.  I'm well excited now to be going on this great adventure!  Even though I haven't had time to eat all my Easter eggs.

1 comment:

  1. Today's Wednesday (11th); are you out of the comfort zone yet? Hope all's going well, best wishes from Ray.

    ReplyDelete